Prickly Pear Oil Deep Nourishment and Intense Hydration
Prickly Pear Oil, also know as Barbary Fig Oil has been used as a beauty elixir for centuries and this ancient oil is making a comeback. For good reason
Prickly pear has a long history of use particularly in Mexico and North Africa where Opuntia ficus-indica ( prickly pear) is indigenous to the lands. Used primarily for its medical purposes to heal wounds, burns and rashes; its remarkable ability to restore the skin was discovered.
This plant is also know as a super food. Low in calories and high in nutrients it is a rich source of vitamins and minerals including vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K, and various B vitamins. It also contains minerals like calcium, zinc magnesium, potassium, and copper. And all of those benefits transfer to the oil, which in turn feed your skin.
Prickly Pear Skin Benefits
The list of skin rewards is long and every skin type will enjoy the benefits. This is one oil you are going to want in your beauty arsenal
- Rich in plant metabolites or flavonoids and high in zinc making it a powerful anti-inflammatory. Almost instantly calms and soothes the skin from skin treatments, sunburns acne and rosacea.
- Loaded with vitamin E and C it makes for a powerful antioxidant fighting free radicals and encouraging cell renewal,
- High amounts of linoleic acid helps to keep the skin supple while fortifying and protecting the skins barrier
- Rich in Vitamin K it helps to reduce the look of dark circles and brightens the overall complexation
- Provides intense hydration with out clogging pores. Prickly Pear is a 1 on the comedogenic scale
That is not all prickly pear also has hair benefits and environmental benefits. This is one busy oil
Hair & Nail Benefits
- Rich in omega 6 & 9 it helps to restore dry and damage hair back to hydration and shine
- High vitamin and mineral content help to strengthen hair and reduce breakage
- Soothes and calms the scalp reducing irritation and itchiness and dandruff
- Fortifies and strengthens brittle nails and promotes cuticle health
When cultivated in its native lands, prickly pear can have many environmental benefits
- Sustainable agriculture - because very little water is required for these plants to thrive they do not deplete water resources
- Deposits nutrients to the soil and helps to support biodiversity providing habit and food sources for a variety of animals, birds and insects
- Prevents soil erosion due to its dense network of roots
- Provides food and economic opportunities to the peoples of its traditional lands
Your skin will love this oil with its rich and restorative properties. And with the environmental benefits you can feel good about feeding your skin.